|Monday – Friday||$75|
|Saturday – Sunday||$95|
|Sr. Lessons (62+)||$60|
|Jr. Lessons (5yrs – 16yrs)||$60|
|Ladies Day Golf Clinic Thursdays (5:00pm – 6:30pm)||$35|
$125 plus greens fees
Howard A. Pierson. a Lifelong resident of Rockland County. earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education from Manhattan College and continued his education at Seton Hall University.
Upon Graduation from Manhattan College he signed a Major League Baseball contract with the Philadelphia Phillies (1958 – 1962). His career was briefly interrupted when he was drafted by the United States Military and later honorably discharged. Upon his completion of baseball Howie embarked on a new vocation – educator at Tappan Zee High Schools Science Department.
Howard’s career was later advanced with his tenure at Rockland Community College where he was the Head Basketball and Baseball Coach and a full time instructor in the Physical Education Department where he was proficient in teaching golf. tennis. bowling. basketball baseball. squash and racquetball. His knowledge of all sports qualified him as sports officiator. In addition. he worked as a first aid instructor and taught health education classes. He held the title of Director of Athletics for 15 years, retiring in 1996 after completing 32 years of service.
Howard has been inducted into the Manhattan College Hall of Fame. Rockland County Hall of Fame. Rockland Community College Hall of Fame. Tappan Zee High school Hall of Fame and honored by Rockland County Historical Society as one of Rocklands greatest athletes and is also a recipient of a certificate of Achievement from the County of Rockland.
As a member of the PGA Senior Tour for four years. Howie racked up a very impressive List of wins –
(2) USGA Amateur Championships
(4) USGA Public Links championship (Medalist)
(2) low amateur. New York State Open
(2) USGA Senior Open (Medalist)
- Metropolitan Amateur Champion
- Bergen County Open Champion
- Metropolitan Senior Open Champion
- New Jersey Tournament of Champions
- Metropolitan Tournament of Champions
- Baltusrol Invitational
- New Jersey State. Four ball Champion
- Associate Member of Senior Tour (4 years)
- Played in (17) Senior Tour events
- First alternate USGA Senior Open